Friday, October 25, 2013

What story are you writing?

Elizabeth Foss has written a post that asks a question that is the perfect summation of all the questions I have been asking recently. What is the story I am writing? It always seems to come back to love. Did I love whole heartedly? Or did I put conditions on everything and everyone?

Am I completely integrating, 'weaving' the spiritual life in with the physical and emotional life so that I make wise decisions?

We've all suffered. We've all been disillusioned. These are our opportunities for learning the hardest lesson, humility. In the most hidden recesses of my heart, God sees and God alone understands. So I must trust Him with all of this and know that my complete happiness is His plan even when life seems to contradict everything the way I think it should be.

So the story that I hope I am writing is one that loves my family with sincerity, commitment, selflessness. A story that accepts that nothing is going to be perfect the way my personality always wants it to be, but a story that is full of trust that God will bring about perfection from my weakness.

A story that chose joy, and a story of a girl that chose peace from God instead of bitterness from pain.

The lilting words
wrapped her trusting
soul with sweet apple pie.
Heavenly Fall

Peace swelled, 
as her little one
rested against her heart.

Visceral calm
no matter the 
outside confusion.




No comments:

Post a Comment