Thursday, January 9, 2014

A quilt for my sister's first child

My beautiful sister is expecting her first child in February. She is in New Zealand and I am in Ohio, U.S.A. So half a world away, here I am having the time of my life putting this together. Today I finished more rows which I am appliquéing on with a blanket stitch on my sewing machine. I am thrilled with the outcome so far. Next I will choose a border.



I've done a ton of appliqué recently, but my mother generously bought me a Craftsy class on paper piecing which I'm very excited to start.

Several projects have taken a back burner though so looking to return to them in this cold dreary January.

Finally,  my husband bought me The Count of Monte Cristo for Christmas which has been quite different, and decidedly eye opening after watching the movie a couple of times.

Linking up with Elizabeth's Needle and thREAD


5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's beautiful Lucy!! Lucky baby to receive this one! Your fabric choices are so calming and pleasing to the eye.

    Monte Cristo is one of my all-time favourite stories!! I hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love these colors. I want to learn more paper piecing. You'll have to share what you learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful! The fabrics, the pattern...yes, yes! New Zealand! I have been there once...the most beautiful place I've ever visited. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - I was born in NZ and lived there for the second half of my childhood. It is a wonderful place to be.

      Delete