Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Orange peel quilt finish

I sent this quilt cover away for quilting simply because I didn't feel confident enough on my small machine to quilt it properly in the limited time I had available. It's for my niece who was born in February and the first of my nieces and nephews that I will get to see as a baby when I leave tomorrow for New Zealand.

To put it mildly, I'm skipping up and down inside to see all my family. I'm not very patient with long plane rides and I have some ahead. Specifically a 1hr, then a 4hr, then a 14hr all with two young boys. Say a prayer for me?

I did a scrappy binding with a curly stitch for a refreshing change.





3 comments:

  1. Your niece is a lucky little one! Such a sweet and happy quilt. I really need to make an orange peel quilt. I hope you are having a wonderful time in NZ with your family. So should I be reading your posts with a Kiwi accent?! :) I have the very best memories of visiting there. Real fish 'n chips and Pavlova! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful to hear that you have visited New Zealand! I love fish and chips and I LOVE pavlova! My waist doesn't always appreciate it though haha.

    My accent will never leave me although I have spent my entire adult life in the US now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you still have your accent! Pretty please have a scoop of Hokey Pokey for me! *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete