Monday, September 22, 2014

Metamorphose



This has been the most unpredictable move of my life, and simultaneously the most happily anticipated. We left Omaha over three years ago. It was like an impolite snatching of my life from my ultimate comfort zone. I can't forget the moment it happened. Life was predictable and beautiful, and I was basking in the joyous hormonal mess of a new baby. Around the corner, a rugged alley awaited me. This alley proved vital to my life and I'm glad that I was pushed down it in a somewhat ignominious manner. Now out the other end on a new road, I've got a clearer view and better understanding. I've glimpsed the Price of the Cross and I'm bound to it. I've discovered the meaning of grace, and my soul is indebted to it.

So, now our baby is now four and our oldest turns seven this week. When we left Ohio two months ago, we also bought home a baby. This baby is now our little heavenly intercessor. I miss him, and He plays background music in my soul regularly.

And so, there is a transfiguration taking place in my soul. Life is being experienced in an intense way; it sometimes leaves me dizzy. And in this week just gone, the hardest week I've had all year, I've been swimming in the Graces of the Divine Life that God offers. It has been raw, real and irreplaceable. I would have held a baby in my arms by now you see. I don't know if that gift will ever come again. God's Will be done my transfigured soul reminds my weary mind.


1 comment:

  1. Hugs and prayers of continued comfort to you as you heal, dear Lucy.

    ReplyDelete