Saturday, November 15, 2014

Aunts Quilt

Here are my first two pieced blocks for the Aunts quilt. I naively thought that I would be able to do the appliqué block this week with no problems. But apparently being brand new to turned needle appliqué and having surgery in the middle of the week is not very conducive; fancy that!

My first pieced block is a little wonky but I improved on the second one and I love the results!



Now hopefully I'll get a quiet moment tomorrow afternoon to work on that appliqué. Looking forward to seeing the rest! Thanks Anna!

4 comments:

  1. I love the colours in your blocks! I don't like needle turn applique, so I am using the freezer paper method - or I will be once I get started - I am lagging way behind as I was on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post?! Beautiful, beautiful blocks! And you are amazing, Lucy! *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks. I've done my applique but not yet the pieced blocks! I hope your surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone.

    Lisa - you are greatly generous with your words! Don't you just love quilting?!

    ReplyDelete