Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Gypsy Wife Quilt

Here I am with my failed effort to finish section one of the Gypsy Wife 2016 quilt along. I failed due to one very simple but influential reason. Much to our joy I am pregnant (and dealing with the joys of the first trimester). Evening sewing went out the window and Sunday sewing dragged. I am starting to see a little of the light however so I am fairly confident that I can catch up. Second trimester energy is about 1-2 weeks away. Here are my blocks so far. 

I love what I have seen from others. I'm going to make some better efforts to be more bold with color. Yellow for some reason is drawing me in a great deal, so I will bring more of that into the quilt for sure.

Linking up with the rest at Hydeeann's blog








4 comments:

  1. First of all - congratulations!! You have a most important reason for not feeling up to much sewing at the moment. I do like the fabrics you are using in Gypsy Wife and the pattern is not the easiest is it - I had to re-make one of my blocks twice before I had the measurements correct. I'm looking forward to more posts! Before I go - love to bits your blog title - I also love butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seriously love that pinwheel block!!! more sunny yellow would be great with what you've got going so far - good idea. and you haven't failed! you've got a great start. glad to see it. thanks for linking up. i hope you get your energy and sewing mojo back as the pregnancy progresses. congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone for such encouraging words! I'm excited to keep going and bringing in bolder fabrics.

    ReplyDelete