Every place has a biography to be told
Gnarly old trees climbing around moss covered stone walls
That speak of an age our time has forgotten
So much of humanity now lives at the bottom
of all that is true and decent it seems.
So much of my mind living perpetual dreams
living, thinking of those marvelous places
that talk to me constantly telling me of other faces.
So now to the future, the here and the now
They tell me I must think positive somehow.
My intellect responds to my heart,
and I think of how I long to cultivate a garden a world apart
Unfortunately people I'm fairly ignorant.
This bollixed mind can barely comprehend
the endless list of plant species
our Magnanimous Creator made to greet us.
I'll turn to the stories echoing in those places
and dig deep to find out where mighty warriors shed graces
and I'll remember those places that lay waste
to human beauty, and gave the soul weakness in their haste.
These places they do murmur and sigh
through their plants, books and oral lullabies
Their wisdom I will attempt to heed
Otherwise all good in this soul will bleed.
Gnarly old trees climbing around moss covered stone walls
That speak of an age our time has forgotten
So much of humanity now lives at the bottom
of all that is true and decent it seems.
So much of my mind living perpetual dreams
living, thinking of those marvelous places
that talk to me constantly telling me of other faces.
So now to the future, the here and the now
They tell me I must think positive somehow.
My intellect responds to my heart,
and I think of how I long to cultivate a garden a world apart
Unfortunately people I'm fairly ignorant.
This bollixed mind can barely comprehend
the endless list of plant species
our Magnanimous Creator made to greet us.
I'll turn to the stories echoing in those places
and dig deep to find out where mighty warriors shed graces
and I'll remember those places that lay waste
to human beauty, and gave the soul weakness in their haste.
These places they do murmur and sigh
through their plants, books and oral lullabies
Their wisdom I will attempt to heed
Otherwise all good in this soul will bleed.
No comments:
Post a Comment