Monday, March 10, 2014

More Than Surviving

I love the way that God comes in with a flood of peace when you so earnestly and trustingly ask for it. Things still seem to go wrong, but the peace is there.

It seems more often than not these days, that God is pulling me out of my somewhat panicked self and putting me in a safe place. It is hard to describe this safe place, but in it, I hear the birds sing even more brilliantly than before, the joyful moments I have with the boys seem to multiply, and an overwhelming gratitude for life given to me through my family floods my amygdala with utterly satisfying contentment.

The nerves still vibrate easily, but I keep seeking smooth pathways to sooth them and God does not fail in this way.

Spring is starting to wrangle with winter. It is time to move on, and seek refuge in all that is good and true. And beautiful.



2 comments:

  1. "It is time to move on, and seek refuge in all that is good and true. And beautiful."

    You truly have such a way with words. And those sentiments are exactly where I find myself these days. The color green speaks growth to me, and it is my favorite right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa - I am drawn to apple green right now and also love teals and peaches for some reason. This is reflected in some sewing projects I have planned. I'll have to write about them soon.

    ReplyDelete