Despite a long haul flight and two shorter ones with two young boys spread over two days, I am back and surprisingly refreshed and enthused as I pack for our big move. New Zealand does this to me, especially when it is spent in the company of my incredible family.
We climbed hills (and some volcanoes), ate hokey-pokey ice-cream, dug holes in volcanic sand up to our knees (and waists for some of us). I ate battered and fried fish, drank more Lattes in Bowls than there were days it seemed, and took pure joy in family life.
To our delight, my husband was able to join us for ten days this time. We visited our Alma Mater (although I'm not really sure I feel that way about it!), took walks in our old favorite places - and found new ones, and discovered that the boys would have been happy to live at the beach.
This time round, I am missing my family in New Zealand a great deal more. It is the uncertainty of change. We are moving to Nebraska next week. I'm packing and planning, anticipating the move into our new house. I'm taking on something new and wonderful that I'm excited to be doing. Will have to share more on that later.
Sewing has taken flight in other forms now that my sewing machine is packed and ready for the car ride.









Praise God for the joyful adventures. Thank you for the prayers. Trust that your beautiful family will remain in my family's prayers.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your prayers Lena! Continuing to pray for you all.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful post! It looks like you all had a wonderful time! And you ate my favorites! :) I have always wanted to go back to New Zealand, but your beautiful pics make me want to go back even more. :) Prayers for you and yours as you move. I pray that God's blessings would follow your every step!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the prayers Lisa! We saw our house today, close to completion. We are excited to be settling down again here in Nebraska and get on with the wonderful business of living!
ReplyDelete