Saturday, January 17, 2015

New year resolutions?

Where does time go? The past year has been swallowed up in a trip to New Zealand, a move cross country, building a house, launching myself into a whole new role as pre K/ K teacher part time and learning too many ideas about education theory along the way that now I am awake at night mulling over it all. Not to mention the ongoing health issues culminating in unexpected surgeries and still yet more tests to help resolve long imbalanced hormones.

The purpose of this post is to push through the muddle that has been occurring in my mind at times - and unfortunately on occasion at 3am - to get some clarity on goals for this year and reflect on the year past. New Year resolutions are not my forte typically, but I do love the freshness and new beginnings that January brings.

First, the realization that despite efforts to the contrary, it is still my will and not God's will that is driving my days has been coming home to roost over this Christmas season and shaken me interiorly. Daily acts of Faith, Hope and Love are in order for this somewhat upside down soul.

Next, with my body well on the path to mending, running is back to being a priority. A goal of two to three times a week.

Sewing. Regular - hopefully daily - sewing. I've been working on some amazing stuff that I've been failing to record. Reason for this is my camera! I misplaced my aged but faithful Canon digital.

I'm working on my book list for the year. There are some rereads in there, and new ones. A lot of Charlotte Mason, beauty and truth, prayer. I've started the year with a worn out brain, but life saving grace comes from God and He is providing.

Now... off to try and take some pictures that I have managed to hunt down my camera.

3 comments:

  1. Lucy! You have been in my thoughts and prayers so often! It is so good to read what you have been up to, how you are healing, what you are planning. I can't wait to see pics of your projects. Sending much love and many hugs to you, Dear One! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa. It has been a rough road and I've had a tremendous workload here. Still haven't gotten to taking pictures but there are clear skies in sight as I get caught up with school work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you've had a rough go of it, Lucy. You come to mind regularly, and every time you do, I pray. Just wanted you to know that you are thought of and loved!

    ReplyDelete