How about I jump back into blogging with a flood of pictures. Life has been filled to the brim, and for the most part I'll let the pictures speak for themselves when it comes to activities inside the home. There is a lot happening outside too... that will follow in another post.
I've dived into Orton when it comes to teaching reading. I've been teaching reading phonetically for a long time, but the Writing Road to Reading makes complete sense to me. I'm a little cross that I didn't learn this method years ago, but I'm incredibly happy to be starting it - better late than never! I'm using the Riggs Institute method in which a good friend is guiding me.
The Aunts quilt is coming along slowly. Can't say the same for the turn needle appliqué which has been intimidating me way too much. More practice and I'm sure it will improve by the end of the quilt!
Finally, a much need reorganization of the spare bedroom which acts as a computer/sewing room. Glad to say that it functions properly now.
Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.
I've dived into Orton when it comes to teaching reading. I've been teaching reading phonetically for a long time, but the Writing Road to Reading makes complete sense to me. I'm a little cross that I didn't learn this method years ago, but I'm incredibly happy to be starting it - better late than never! I'm using the Riggs Institute method in which a good friend is guiding me.
The Aunts quilt is coming along slowly. Can't say the same for the turn needle appliqué which has been intimidating me way too much. More practice and I'm sure it will improve by the end of the quilt!
Finally, a much need reorganization of the spare bedroom which acts as a computer/sewing room. Glad to say that it functions properly now.
Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.









Love, love, love your fabric choices!
ReplyDeleteI agree - beautiful combination of fabrics.
ReplyDeleteYour blocks are looking wonderful... great combination of colours! The DS fabrics blend in beautifully with lots of others, I am finding them a very useful addition to the stash! Linda
ReplyDeleteLove your fabric choices - this will be a stunning quilt. Not sure I could do that applique.
ReplyDeleteYour color choices are beautiful Lucy! I love the darker fabrics too -- I keep wondering if maybe I should have had a few darker prints. Have you tried other methods of applique? I never could get the hang of needle turn and had to move to freezer paper -- it's been better for me. Love the pieced blocks too!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone.
ReplyDeleteI thought about doing freezer paper but stumbled over the curves in the big daisy in the center trying to get the curves smooth even with watching lots of youtube videos to get more visual direction!
The only appliqué I have ever done is with wunder under and blanket stitch! Sigh... I welcome advice!
You've inspired me to get out my long neglected quilt that was meant to be finished a year ago. I've had the WRTR for years and used it with all my children. It's excellent. I did have a friend explain the basics to me as I didn't find the book very user friendly at first.
ReplyDeleteHi Carol - just saw your comment. I'm sorry I missed it somehow. I wish that I had known about the WRTR with my first child. There have been so many bumps over the years but we will get there!
Delete