I was having a fairly significant mental block when it came to the appliqué in the Aunts Quilt. I thought about taking the easy way out and just machine stitching it the way I know how. While I was preparing to do that, there was an overwhelming disappointment in myself that I knew I had to remedy. I enrolled in a series of classes to learn different ways of doing hand appliqué and today was the first. I loved it!
I did needle turn on this heart and couldn't be more pleased with the result being essentially brand new to it. It isn't perfect, but it is acceptable to me. Now I look forward to starting again on the appliqué in the Aunts Quilt. There are some really wonderful scraps waiting to be turned into something beautiful!
I did needle turn on this heart and couldn't be more pleased with the result being essentially brand new to it. It isn't perfect, but it is acceptable to me. Now I look forward to starting again on the appliqué in the Aunts Quilt. There are some really wonderful scraps waiting to be turned into something beautiful!
Here are all the pieces cut out still waiting to be sewn for the last four pieced blocks. Tomorrow when it will be thunder storming I will be sewing!
Finally, here is my eldest with his own design. It was his first attempt at backstitch and he loved it!






No comments:
Post a Comment